Sunday Football

While this blog is focused on college-level football, I cannot lie. Much of my Sunday is planned around games. This most recent Sunday was no exception; I was catching the Vikings take on the Packers, held here at our own Memorial Stadium.
Confused yet? Allow me to clear it up. Monroe County Youth Football’s AFL Championship game was held Oct. 26th at 5pm, and the Vikings team, decked out in purple and gold and led by our own Mike P. took to the field. They faced a blossoming green and gold Packers squad, coached by Mark Weddle.
I saw some nice plays on both sides, and a bunch of great kids with a passion for the game. I saw coaches demonstrate levels of sportsmanship and true affection and appreciation for their teams and each other. I saw kids that I hope to see take that field again, perhaps in about ten years, wearing the cream and crimson.
Congratulations are in order for both teams, who played a great, tight game, and to Mike and the Vikings, congrats on your MCYF-AFL Championship!
Final: Vikings-25, Packers-19.

No comments: