Sometimes it sucks to be right.

The week before the IU-Illinois game, HT intern Zak put a question on the Hoosier Scoop blog, the question was what is more important, the IU-Illinois game, or the recruiting visit of Tyler Zeller. There was some banter back and forth between me and another poster, I myself was saying that the IU football game was more important, for the team, the fans, and for IU athletics as a whole. My position is no one recruit is going to determin the future of IU basketball, but a conference win can effect bowl seeding and recruiting. I also made the statment that come November when Zeller commits to UNC, and not IU that the game would definetly have carried more weight. As we sit now, 6-4, and needing a 7th win to ensure us a bowl game, letting the Illini game slip away shows just how important that game was to the overall season.

I am posting this because today Tyler Zeller did announce he would play at UNC. While it would have been nice to have him, it just proves my point that the support needs to be for the student athletes who are already here, that bleed cream and crimson, and battle it out for the glory of ol' IU!

There are less than two weeks till Purdue. The final conference game, the hated in-state rival, and the battle for the Ol' Oaken Bucket! I know there are plenty of tickets left, lets pack the stands at the Rock, my gut says not only will IU be playing for bragging rights, the bucket, but also for win number 8 and a spot in one of the better bowls the Big Ten has contracts with!

LETS GO HOOSIERS!

No comments: