A Medical Emergency Trumps a Trip to The Rock!

In my previous post I stated that I planned to make the trip to The Rock tonight for the press conference to introduce the new recruits for the 2008 season.

I never made it.

As I was finishing up my day, and getting ready to head home to get my son, his friend, and my camera. I had just logged off my computer when my desk phone rang, I look at the number and it is my mothers phone. I answer the phone to "Michael got hurt at the Y, it is his knee, meet me at his doctor!". So of course I rush out the door, get to his doctor right when they pull up. I pick my son up and carry him inside with tears rolling down his scared face.

After 2 hours and some x-rays, the doctor determines his knee is slightly dislocated. The knee was popped back in place, and he is feeling fine.

As all of this happened right before we were to get ready to to The Rock, I was not able to get anyone to fill in for me.

Sometimes life gets in the way, but the good news he is fine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nothing worse than a hurting child. Especially your own. Glad it ended on such a postive note.